Digital Patient Charts are an electronic medical record in a digital version of a paper chart that contains all of a patient’s medical history from one practice, and can be used by providers for diagnosis and treatment.
Digital Patient Charts are more beneficial than paper records because it allows providers to:
- Dentist/Assistant/Hygienist can directly enter information.
- Other departments/providers/staff can easily review or enter information/orders.
- Duplication is minimized.
- Medication errors are minimized/eliminated.
- Time is saved by not having to look through paper records.
- If a patient moves, it's easier to transmit records to the new provider.
- Referrals - We are able to correspond with specialists faster and more accurately to provide the best care possible.
- Designs to contain and share information from all providers involved in a patient's care.